The battery supply is two banks of AA rechargeable batteries and the smart battery technology allows the 6040 to auto- switch to the secondary battery bank when the primary bank is depleted.
The 6040 has a built-in 3D flight recorder that allows you to download your flights to your PC (via USB port) allowing them to be viewed in FlyChart software (included) or in Google Earth. The very latest in flash processor technology is used allowing the user to easily upgrade the firmware with a PC when new versions and functions become available.
- Altitude ceiling
- Altitude floor
- Ergonomic two-colour keypad with easy menu structure with two event driven soft-keys allow access to important func- tions without navigating through different menus
- Up to 291 hours of FAI/IGC data logging memory at 60 sec record interval, 9 hours at 2 sec and 48 hours at 10 sec (recommended).
- Automatically records a point upon entry/exit of FAI sector/turn point with acoustic and visual notification
- Each track log point records: longitude, latitude, altitude (pressure + GPS based), true airspeed, ground speed
- Flight instrument with integrated 16-channel GPS receiver w/internal antenna
- Large, high contrast, graphic LCD display (2-3/8″ x 3-1/8″) resolution of 320 x 240 pixels
- Three display screens (Main, Map and Wind- layer)
- Accurate and reliable wireless envelope tem- perature with temperature and never-exceed warnings (optional TT34 required)
- Wind layer map that shows windspeed and direction on automatically adjusting altitude scale (data derived form flight path)
- Automatic pilot warnings: Envelope temperature Never-exceed temp Descent
- Up to 200 waypoints can be defined.
Included with 6040:
- Wall charger cable
- Vehicle charger cable
- USB interface cable
- FlyChart Professional license
- Protective carry bag
- 4 AA NiMH batteries (user replaceable)
- 2 year warranty
- Optional TT34 wireless envelope temperature sensor